Service providers must complete their services within the time limits already agreed upon in contracts
Service providers must complete their services within the time limits already agreed upon in contracts.
2. Where there is no agreement on the time limits for completing services, service providers shall have to complete their services within a reasonable time limit on the basis of taking into account all conditions and circumstances which service providers knew at the time the contracts were entered into, including any specific needs of customers regarding such time limit for service completion.
3. Where a service can be completed only when the customer or another service provider satisfies certain conditions, the provider of such service is not obliged to complete his/her service until those conditions are satisfied.
Article 83.- Customers’ requests for changes during the provision of services
1. During the provision of services, service providers must satisfy all reasonable requests of their customers for changes during the provision of services.
2. Unless otherwise agreed, customers must bear reasonable expenses for the satisfaction of their requests for changes.
Article 84.- Continued provision of services after the expiration of the time limit for completing the provision of services
If services, after the expiration of the time limit for completing the provision thereof, are not yet completed, and if customers have no objection, service providers shall have to continue providing the agreed services and compensate for damage, if any.
Article 85.- Obligations of customers
Unless otherwise agreed, customers shall have the following obligations:
1. To pay charges for provision of services as agreed upon in contracts;
2. To provide in a timely manner plans, instructions and other details so that the provision of services can be made without any delay or interruption;
3. To cooperate with service providers in all other matters necessary for the proper provision of services;
4. Where a service is performed jointly by many service providers or by a provider in coordination with other service providers, customers shall be obliged to coordinate operations of these service providers so as not to impede the work of any service provider.
Article 86.- Service charge rate
Where there is no agreement on service charge rate, no agreement on methods of determining service charge rate, and also there is not any indication to service charge rate, the service charge rate shall be determined according to the charge rate of the same type of service under similar conditions on mode of provision, time of provision, geographical market, mode of payment and other conditions which can affect the service charge rate
Tin liên quan
The duration of authorization of each representative, including the beginning date;
Responsibilities of the enterprise’s legal representative
Reporting changes to information about the enterprise’s manager
Criteria, rights and obligations of social enterprises
Do accounting, make and submit truthful financial statements in a timely manner according to regulations of law on accounting and statistics.
State assurance about enterprises and owners of enterprises
Subsidiaries are related person of the parent company in the same group
Application of the Law on Enterprises and specialized laws
Acceptance of leased goods
Pass of risks incurred to leased goods