A person must meet the standards below in order to obtain the accountant certificate
1. A person must meet the standards below in order to obtain the accountant certificate:
a) Comply with professional ethics, be truthful, integrated, and abide by law.
b) Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in finance, accounting, audit, or another discipline specified by the Ministry of Finance;
c) Pass the examination for the accountant certificate.
2. The holder of an accounting expert certificate or accounting practitioner certificate issued by a foreign organization or an international accounting organization that is accredited by the Ministry of Finance of Vietnam shall be granted an accountant certificate if he/she pass the examination in Vietnam’s economics, finance, and accounting laws and meet the standards specified in Point a Clause 1 of this Article.
3. The Ministry of Finance shall specify conditions for taking the examination for the accountant certificate, procedures for issuance and revocation of the accountant certificate.
Article 58. Registration of accounting practice
1. The holder of an accountant certificate or auditor certificate according to the Law on Independent audit may register his/her accounting practice through an accounting firm or accounting household if he/she:
a) has full civil capacity; and
b) Has at least 36 months’ experience of finance, accounting, or audit works since graduation from university; and
c) Has participated in every mandatory refresher course.
2. The person who satisfies all conditions in Clause 1 of this Article may register and be granted the Certificate of Accounting Practice Registration The Ministry of Finance shall specify procedures for issuance and revocation of the Certificate of Accounting Practice Registration.
3. The Certificate of Accounting Practice Registration is only valid when its holder has a full-time contract with an accounting firm or an accounting household.
4. The following people must not register accounting practice:
a) Officials and public employees; professional servicemen and officers; national defense workers and public employees, police officers.
b) People banned from practicing accounting under an effective court’s judgment or decision; people undergoing criminal prosecution; people sentenced to imprisonment or were convicted of economic crimes or other crimes related to finance, accounting and have not had their criminal records expunged; people put on probation, and people forcibly sent to reform schools or rehabilitation centers.
c) People convicted of serious economic crimes and have not had their criminal records expunged.
d) Any person that incurred a penalty for an administrative violation against regulations of law on finance, accounting, audit within the previous 06 months, if the penalty is a warning, or 01 years, if the penalty is other than a warning.
dd) People suspended from accounting practice.
Article 59. Accounting firms
1. An accounting firm may be in established in the form of:
a) A multi-member limited liability company; or
b) A partnership; or
c) A private enterprise.
2. The firm may only provide accounting services after all conditions specified in this Law are satisfied and the Certificate of eligibility to provide accounting services is obtained.
3. The accounting firm must not contribute capital to establishment of another accounting firm, except for contribution of capital together with a foreign accounting firm to establishment of an accounting firm in Vietnam.
4. The foreign accounting firm shall provide accounting services in Vietnam in the following manners:
a) Contributing capital together with an existing accounting firm in Vietnam to establish an accounting firm;
b) Establishing branches of the foreign accounting firm;
c) Provide accounting services across the border as prescribed by the Government.
Tin liên quan
The company’s President shall be designated by the representative agency as prescribed by law
Working conditions, requirements and methods for convening meetings of the Board of members
Rights and obligations of other members of the Board of members
Discharge and dismissal of members of the Board of members
Regulations applied to state-owned companies
Wages, salaries, and other benefits of managers and Controllers
The company’s owner shall decide the number of controllers
The company’s President
Organizational structure of single-member limited liability company under the ownership of an organization
Obligations of the company’s owner