Investment in establishment of a business organization
Article 22. Investment in establishment of a business organization
1. Investors may establish business organizations in accordance with law. Before establishing a business organization, the foreign investor must have an investment project and apply for a Certificate of investment registration following the procedures in Article 37 of this Law, and satisfy the following conditions:
a) The investor’s charter capital satisfies the requirements in Clause 3 of this Article;
b) The form of investment, operating scope, Vietnamese partners, and other aspects are conformable with the international agreements to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory.
2. Every foreign investor shall execute the investment project via a business organization established in accordance with Clause 1 of this Article, except for the case in which investment is made by contributing capital, buying shares, buying capital contributions, or making investments under contracts.
3. Foreign investors may own an indefinite amount of charter capital invested in business organizations, except for the following cases:
a) The holdings of the foreign investors at listed companies, public companies, securities-trading organizations, and securities investment funds are conformable with regulations of law on securities;
b) The holdings of the foreign investors at state-owned companies that have been equitized or converted are conformable with regulations of law on equitization and conversion of state-owned companies;
c) With regard to holdings of the foreign investors in other cases than those mentioned in Point a and Point b of this Clause, relevant regulations of law and the international agreements to which the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is a signatory shall apply.
Article 23. Investments made by foreign-invested business organizations
1. When establishing business organizations, contributing capital, buying shares or capital contributions of business organizations; making investments under business cooperation contracts in one of the following cases, the foreign investor must satisfy the conditions and follow investment procedures applied to foreign investors:
a) 51% of charter capital or more is held by foreign investors, or the majority of the general partners are foreigners if the business organization is a partnership;
b) 51% of charter capital or more is held by the business organizations mentioned in Point a of this Clause;
c) 51% of charter capital or more is held foreign investors and the business organizations mentioned in Point a of this Clause.
2. Foreign-invested business organizations in other cases than those mentioned in Points a, b, and c of this Clause shall satisfy conditions and follow investment procedures applied to Vietnamese investors when establishing business organization, when making investment by contributing capital, buying shares, buying capital contribution of business organizations, when making investments under business cooperation contracts.
3. If a foreign-invested business organization that is established in Vietnam has a new investment project, procedures for such investment project shall be followed without having to establish a new business organization.
4. The government shall specify the procedures for establishing business organizations to execute investment projects of foreign investors and foreign-invested business organizations.
Tin liên quan
GIẤY PHÉP THÀNH LẬP VĂN PHÒNG ĐẠI DIỆN (TT)
The duration of authorization of each representative, including the beginning date;
Responsibilities of the enterprise’s legal representative
Reporting changes to information about the enterprise’s manager
Criteria, rights and obligations of social enterprises
Do accounting, make and submit truthful financial statements in a timely manner according to regulations of law on accounting and statistics.
State assurance about enterprises and owners of enterprises
Subsidiaries are related person of the parent company in the same group
Application of the Law on Enterprises and specialized laws
Acceptance of leased goods